Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Weird Knowledge

Have you ever sat down and thought about some of the weird things you know? Things that aren't normally taught to every kid in school? Here's my weird thing for today:

I can sing the Egyptian National Anthem.

Huh? Am I from Egypt? Nope. Have I been to Egypt? Nope.

Madame Sadat (Anwar's widow) came to Duluth when I was a Girl Scout and we learned the Egyptian National Anthem (phonetically) so we could sing it for her at the DECC(Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center). One in a Million Sara's knows it too. A few readers might remember as well.

Movie of the Day: Girl Interrupted.

3 comments:

Lois said...

I was there that day! Of course, I didn't know the Girl Scout from Woodland. Mrs. Sadat was most impressive!

Linda said...

Yes, I was there and heard her speak also. She was good.

Anonymous said...

I can say "please don't pee on my watch" in Arabic (Morrocan Dialect).
Kim