Wednesday, November 08, 2006

How About a Vacation

I know so many people who could use a time-out. Not in the "you've been naughty, go take a time out", but in a "things are nutty, can't I just sit down and breathe for a day" kind of way. It doesn't have to be an elaborate trip to somewhere sunny (though that would be nice). A day to chill, do chores if you want or stare at the wall. A time to regroup, hit the reset button, and decompress.

The next holiday is Thanksgiving and I don't really think it's relaxing. Sure, the turkey puts people to sleep. Sure the parades and football put me to sleep. The food preparations alone ruin the relaxing feel, though.

I'm planning to spend Thanksgiving morning volunteering at a free community buffet and oddly, that work will be the most fulfilling of the day.

Movie of the Day: National Lampoon's Vacation. Not what I had in mind, either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I could use a day to catch my breath...maybe sometime soon :)