Monday, March 19, 2007

Dancing: A Generation Gap

I went to a dance Saturday night at the youth conference. I think it's interesting to watch how "school" dances evolve. For this group, there was a lot of vertical jumping in the "dance steps". When I would go hear bands at UMD a couple years ago, the college students would only nod their heads to the beat. When I was in high school, we would sit on the bleachers (not all of us, of course, but my group did). When I was in junior high, we would head-bang.

What's next?

Movie of the Day: Dances with Wolves.

3 comments:

Sus said...

Becca is being very conservative in her discriptions of this age groups style of dance. It would probably suprise you!! I was all about the vertical jumping, head nodding, two steppin moves... but...It was of couse all for the kids... hehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, didn't you all join in? It sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

I wrote the above.