Sunday, March 04, 2007

Theatre Tickets

My theory is that I will give you little "flashbacks" to my trip since my daily life is no where near as exciting as my first trip to Europe. Today's flashback: the theatre.

When we arrived at Heathrow Airport, there was a display of play fliers and I was almost giddy when I saw that Spamalot was there. I tried to control myself and rationalized that it was sold out because I'd heard that it sold out in New York.

We talked to our concierge and he said that the cheapest way to get tickets was to go to the half price ticket booth or the theatre itself. So, we hop the tube and head to the West End.

For some reason, we could not figure out the streets in the area and kept walking in circles (not literally, but we kept ending up where we started). Any way, I gave in and asked someone on the street for help. He was very friendly and actually kept thinking of better directions and stopping to tell us where to go. It was almost to the point where I invited him to join us! (Okay, so he was cute. I confess.)

We finally got there and this cute old couple was behind us. I started talking to them and they told us to mind our purses because the woman had gotten home without hers once. They were very sweet.

Well, this ticket place didn't have any Spamalot tickets, but did have Les Mis tickets, so we settled on that....

More on our theatrical adventures in the future....

No comments: