Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Ordeal, Take 2

Okay, I'm going to try to summarize The Ordeal, Or How I Got Home

  • Took wrong elevator in train station and had to go back upstairs and find the right one.
  • Went to the wrong terminal in the airport and had to haul-butt across two terminals.
  • Gave up my seat twice on the plane.
  • Customs took so long in Detroit that we lost track of time and had to RUN from dinner (left half-eaten and rushingly paid for) to gate 68 only to find it was moved to gate 74. More running. Then, found out it was delayed by 45 minutes.
  • Once boarded, we sat on the plane in Detroit for 2 hours waiting for Minneapolis to give us a time for landing, thus a time for take-off.
  • Get to Mpls. 3 hours after our connecting flight.
  • Wait in line an hour for a new flight.
  • They said (at midnight Saturday) : I can get you on a flight Tuesday.
  • Waited around luggage claim for 6 hours until things opened up again. Didn't get luggage.
  • Paid $40 to get to Amtrak station.
  • Waited another 3 hours without tickets, HOPING to get on the bus.
  • Sat on bus for 4 hours.
  • Were picked up at UMD by my folks and taken to airport to get luggage.
  • Only one of Jean's bags showed up. Mine were AWOL.
  • Dropped Jean off at her friends' house and got stuck in the driveway. Had to be pulled out.
  • Finally got home!!!!
  • Had luggage by noon Monday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew....planes, buses and automobiles.

Anonymous said...

Reading about it just makes me giggle :) Jean

Anonymous said...

Whew! It could have been worse.

One in a million Saras said...

Really, you could have been traveling with a toddler....

Linda said...

In my travels to PA, I've probably had one of those things happen to me at a time, but never all of them during ONE trip! Oh my gosh... you did have an ordeal!