Friday, January 05, 2007

Tree

Last winter, I bought a pre-lit outdoor tree on clearance after Christmas. It sat in my garage, patiently waiting for it's moment to shine. In December, my dad helped me put it up. As we were reading the box, it said that we had to wash our hands after touching it because it was made of lead! Nice, huh? So, I refused to let my dad go near it because he has enough health problems (mostly back-related) that he doesn't need to add lead-poisoning to the list.

If you've been driving around Duluth and noticed a pre-lit tree leaning nearly horizontally, that would be my little tree. Yep, I couldn't get it to stay up straight for the life of me. Every time I saw it, I would giggle. I unplugged it the other day, though, because my neighbors are kind of particular (or so I imagine) and I didn't want to bug them any longer.

This weekend's goals:

1) Unplant pre-lit tree.
2) Clean Winger's tank.
3) Write college recommendations.

If I find time to goof off in the middle, awesome.

Movie of the Day: Snow Falling on Cedars.

2 comments:

One in a million Saras said...

You could spend some time looking up French phrases:

"This restaurant isn't as good as Mc.Donald's"

"Ce restaurant n'est pas aussi bon que le Mc.Donalds'
(se re - staw - ran neh pas o - si bon ke le mac don - alds)

Anonymous said...

You have some good goals. The pre-lit tree with lead is something crazy though...wow...