Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sorry So Short

If you are someone who reads this regularly (thank you), you may have noticed that my posts have been getting shorter and shorter. Normally, I'm a wordy kind of gal. Teachers generally are. But lately, I've been swamped. Well, for the past month, I've been swamped.

School is sucking the life out of me and to combat that, I've been trying to maintain my "normal" outside life. Yeah, that doesn't work. I feel like I'm a zombie going through the motions of life, especially work. Yesterday, a kid said, "Um, we haven't had a test yet." WHAT?!?! How can I have gone this far without a quiz or something??? Well, teach every hour of the school day with four types of classes and 189 kids and things slip through the cracks. (Okay, it's a big crack.)

So, long story even longer, I really would like to write longer posts and give you more to distract you from your regular day, but I've gotta go....

Movie of the Day: Mannequin. Zombie-esque.

P.S. There are good things going on that I'm not quite ready to share, so don't start calling the people in white coats just yet....

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This so dates me, but I liked Mannequin.

I forgot to give the 3rd graders Bibles a few years ago, something that happens every year in every United Methodist church since about 1950. It sneaks up on you sometimes.

Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I was unconscious or something and did not get to my pre-certification for Sandplay Therapists of America interview, held in Santa Fe! I was showing a friend through a museum at the time and SHE remembered "Wasn't I supposed to be some place?" I don't think I can blame it on jet lag either. So embarrassing! They were nice though.