Tuesday, February 20, 2007

`Allo

Greetings from the UK! I am sitting in an internet cafe, looking out on Kensington Park and having a little downtime before we head back into the West End to see Spamalot. I am so psyched to see this show! I am also wiped.

Two days in London so far:
Flight from Charles De Gaulle airport to Heathrow. Everything went fine.
Helped some fellow travelers. (An act of compassion?)
Lunch in airport.
Speed train into town.
Walked a mile to hotel.
Underground to Picadilly Circus to buy theater tickets.
Walked to Westminster Abbey.
Said a prayer and lit a candle for my covenant group.
Saw where Queen Elizabeth I is buried.
Walked past Parliament and 10 Downing Street.
Eat dinner in an Italian restaurant.
Saw "Les Miserables" in the Queens Theatre.
"Home" in the rain.

This morning (yes, that was just one day):

Slept until 8:30.
Took tube to the Tower of London.
Amazing tour.
Took pictures of the London Bridge.
Took tube to Buckingham Palace.
Took so-so pictures (now raining).

We're doing a TON of walking and I'm sick of climbing stairs, but we're having a great time! We head back to Paris tomorrow evening!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having lots of fun!!!!

I am glad!

Anonymous said...

Ii can hardly wait to see your pictures. Thanks for your prayers, and your act of compassion definitely counts--we'll chalk it up for you. :) Continue having a great time. Yes, rain is a London thing.

Rand said...

My goodness this is an adventurous trip! I'm enjoying your posts immensely!