Friday, February 16, 2007

Bon Jour

Bon Jour!

I'm in Paris!!! It's pretty surreal that I'm actually here. I'm sitting in Nate and Claire's apartment, listening to "7th Heaven" in French, which is just as dramatic.

It's been a long day, though it's only 6 PM our time. Jean and I both slept in (can I blame jetlag?) and took the metro to Notre Dame. I should have been practicing for my trip by climbing a stairmaster! Pouf! (What they say here instead of Uff). The view was amazing and inside the cathedral was stunning!!!

Then we walked along the Seine, with its street vendors and murky waters, to the Musee d'Orsay. Turns out, it was closed due to a workers' strike. Drat. I'd rather see that than the Louvre (I know, I'm horrible.) Any way, we ended up walking around a marketplace and buying some Coca-Cola Light (diet Coke) and bottled water at the MonoPrix (like Cub). Now we are waiting for our hosts to return from work and then we'll probably head out for dinner.

I'm having a blast! I'm also checking for comments, so write away!

Movie of the Day: Man of the Year. Saw it on the plane. Better than I expected!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! You made it to Paris! I am so excited for you. Thanks for the update on what you have seen - this living vicariously is working well right now :)

Sus said...

Hey... Check your e mail... LOL... Man of the year was on my flight too!... i was going to watch it but then they were playing episodes of CSI and Without A Trace... so I had to choose u know...

Anonymous said...

Becca, how wonderful to know you are there, safe and sound, and having a blast! Keep on blogging!

We'll be so glad to have you back, too!

mw

Anonymous said...

Yay! Becca! You're in Paris! I have been thinking about you so often. I hoped you weren't delayed by the storms that we were hearing about. I love to read your blog about what you're doing, so keep them coming. I hope you're taking lots of pictures. Enjoy the food, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get a bad meal in France. They have really good salads (of course I was in Provence in the summer :))

Joymes said...

Hope you are having a great time. Say hi to some cute french guys :)