Friday, February 23, 2007

Bon Jour Day 10

Bon Jour!

I'm sitting in Nate and Claire's apartment, listening to Scooby Doo and trying to memorize the theme song so I can sing it for Zane and Theo. It's completely different from our song in the US. Funny!

Yesterday, we went to the Musee 'd Orsay which was free because the workers were still on strike! That was awesome. I contributed a bit to their cause and walked right it! I love Monet and Renoir! Had fun in the shop too. (Then had to lug the bag around the rest of the day (bad idea)).

Next, we went to The Louvre. Now, I would not recommend this as a course of action because I was kind of art-ed out by the time we got to the Louvre. However, we saw Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, which were the main attractions for us. We also wandered these HUGE halls and we lost just a little bit. By this time, I was overheating and exhausted to we went outside and sat by a circlular pond that had kids playing with sailboats. It was a bit too chilly, so we ended up walking back to the station and heading back to the apartment.

Then, Claire made AMAZING quiche (vegetarian for me, ham for the others). We also had these potato things that tasted like donuts. Seriously. Good, but weird. After that, we each had a bit of four different desserts! Very yummy.

Today, our last day, we are going to the Catacombs and out to shop before going to a movie. I would like to brave a French movie called I Think I Love Her (might be I Think I Love Him). However, since Jean and I don't know enough French, it's probably a silly idea. (I'd still go, but Jean doesn't want to).

Au Revoir! I'll be back Stateside Saturday Night!

No comments: