Monday, February 12, 2007

What?

I am so distractable right now. I leave for Paris on Wednesday and I'm not ready. I mean, I've been ready for a vacation for months, but I'm not packed, organized, mentally ready for a long flight. I also have done a horrible job of learning French. Horrible. So, I shall do a bit of cramming on the plane and rely on Nate and Claire a lot. Oy. Not how I like to function.

Other than that, I'm trying to learn all of the new gadgets that I've purchased for the trip and do the usual laundry, lesson planning, and church stuff.

It'll come together. Eventually.

Movie of the Day: Frantic. I don't think I've seen this one, but it sounds appropriate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Just begin to get stuff out and pack the night before, or the morning, you leave. Take a little dictionary with you and always have it with you. At least you made an effort to learn the language. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I hope you have a great trip and come home with stories of great paris adventure!

Anonymous said...

Becca,
Have a great trip! It will all come together. I look forward to hearing stories from your trip.
Kim

David Oppegaard said...

Paris is cool. Try to go to Notre Dame during evening vespers when they're burning incense. That's cool. Shakespeare & Co. bookstore is right across the street from there, too, and if you get any chill time just sit on a park bench in the Jardin de Luxemburg and people watch. It's the best thing I did while there.

Also, don't lose your credit card at the Mpls airport, like I did. It's no fun living on seven dollars a day...

Becca said...

Thanks, Bloggie! I shall take all of your advice to heart. No credit card = sad, sad Becca.

Rand said...

Have a great trip!