Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bye-Bye 2005

Last night, I went to the Renegade Comedy Theater's Holiday Revue. It's a bunch of skits that cover what happened in 2005. I was talking with a friend about how I really hope they don't rip on our mayor too much. For those of you out of town, our mayor was arrested for drunk driving a couple weeks ago. He owned up to it, said it was the biggest mistake of his life and that he would never drink again. He also said he wouldn't be resigning and still had things to accomplish in Duluth.

As someone who doesn't ever drink, you might think that I would want him gone. However, I think everyone makes mistakes and he has admitted outright that he made one. He didn't deny it or try to weasel his way out. That takes strength.

Happily, the revue only mentioned it once or twice, though I refused to clap for those skits. I know they're just jokes, but.... Oh well. They have to pick on someone.

Aside from that, I'm trying to think of something exciting to do today to finish off the year. I'm kind of thinking I should work on making 2006 rock instead. I could easily wash my hands of 2005!

Oh, and yesterday I bought a sheep. Yep, a sheep. Not for me but as a gift. For a couple years, I had a Christmas party in December. The last one tanked because I didn't serve alcohol and apparently none of the people in my group have social skills without a drink in their hand. So, I quit having them last year.

This year, I didn't have one either, but decided to put the money that I usually spend on food toward something good. Yesterday, I bought a sheep. It was $120 (about what I spent on party food). I bought it from www.heifer.org which is a great organization that my church supports. I really wanted to buy a waterbuffalo, but their pricey. Check it out. The cheapest thing to donate are bees at $20.

Today's movie: When Harry Met Sally. I always think of this movie on New Year's Eve. Harry and Sally met and re-met over the years.

Ludicrous Lutefisk and Happy New Year!
:)Becca

No comments: