Friday, December 16, 2005

A Mini Lesson

I ran across my Norwegian in 10 Minutes a Day book last night and realized that I own similar books in Italian, French, Spanish (what I took in high school), and sign language. Now, do I speak any of these? Just Spanish. Weird, huh? (Actually, sometimes I think in Spanish. Nothing too elaborate, just things like "What time is it" or "I'm tired.").

Any way, I thought I would look up a few words in each book to cross-reference languages. Turns out the French and Spanish books don't have a word for, get this: doorbell. Here it is in Norwegian and Italian, respectively: ringeklokka (ring-uh-kloh-kah) and Il campanello (eel campanAll-lo). We'll see how many times I can say ringeklokka today!

The movie for your Friday enjoyment: The Sixth Sense. It's the best of the M. Night collection, I think. It's scary without being SOOOO scary. If you are jumpy, watch it during the day. It also has Mischa Barton when she was a kid. If you watch it on DVD, make sure to check out the special features stuff.

Happy Friday and Ludicrous Lutefisk!

:)Becca

No comments: