Monday, December 12, 2005

T-9 and counting

So, I have 9 whole days left of little cherubs this year. Most of them are taller than me, so I guess I shouldn't call them little without expecting to be patted on the head (happened last week!).

I was reading O, The Oprah Magazine a while ago and noticed an article about women who are HIV+ in Uganda who make bead necklaces/bracelets/anklets out of magazines! A company in the US ships them here and then sends them to people to have "bead parties". After a year of thinking "That's cool," I decided to have a party of my own. I'll be wrapping it up soon, and things are going well. The necklaces are beautiful. I'll give you the final report of success when it's over! Their website is www.beadforlife.com

Before I go, your movie idea of the day: If You Believe. It's a Lifetime movie that was on tv a couple years ago. It stars Ally Walker, one of the dudes from Everwood, and the kid with the curly hair in Remember the Titans. It's a modern-day Christmas Carol. I'm not sure if it's on tv this year, but it can be found on Amazon.com

Ludicrous Lutefisk!

No comments: