Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Details

I need your opinion. I am a details person, so I notice people around me a lot (partially to know when I might run into a student "in the real world.") Anyway, here's where I need help....

Yesterday, when I was buying calendars (some to tear apart and use as posters, not wallpaper my wall with Januarys), I saw a man about my age also buying calendars. The weird thing was that I saw him last Thursday at Super One in West Duluth too! I hardly ever shop there, but needed stuff after work. I saw him first in the dairy section and then all the way out to the parking lot (we were parked next to each other). He has a hospital parking sticker in his window. Doctor? Nurse? Custodian?

Any way, my inclination was to try to strike up a conversation, but then I thought that might freak him out. I told myself that if I ever see him for a third time, I will have to talk to him (granted he's alone).

What do you guys think?

Today's movie: I'm With Lucy. It shows a woman going on 5 blind dates. The cool thing is that we see the beginning of each, and then the next portion and so on. In the middle of the movie, we find out that she's marrying one of the gentlemen, but we don't know which one.

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Depends on how sensitive he is, or if he has been stalked. You are observant and friendly. If he is normal, that is cool. If he has the heebie-jeebies, it won't be. But you might want to weed that out, anyway, so how could it go wrong?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michelle. You never know how he is going to react, but you might as well give it a shot. I wait to hear of the third random spotting :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Michelle and Tracey, but if you see him a third time it is definitely time to say something. Three is a powerful number :-)