Monday, December 19, 2005

MDD

This weekend, I suffered from MDD- Motivation Deficit Disorder. Ever heard of it? Probably not, since I just made it up 30 seconds ago. However, I believe it's real. I'm POSITIVE you've had bouts of it before. Here are the symptoms: You sit on the couch listlessly, while your mind is trying to move your limbs to action, your guilt gland is in overdrive, and your breathing slows (or if you have anxiety, quickens). The final stage is Rationalization. This stage involves rapid thought patterns of "Oh, I can get this, this, and that done tomorrow if I do....." Then, you go to bed.

Do you suffer from MDD? Or do you relish it?

Movie of the day: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. A classic that, at first glance, looks like a prime example of MDD, but really is about the need to "stop and look around once in a while or you might miss it." I can't even list all of my favorite scenes, but I do love when he looks straight at the camera is if, "Can you believe this?"

Ludicrous Lutefisk!
:)Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MDD...Hey, think I have this way
too often...especially this fall,
Saturday's when I should be productive cleaning house, especially...and most every evening after a hard day at work!
If you find a cure for it, please,
please let me know!!!