Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Snow Day- A Teacher's Perspective

It worked!!! It really worked! I went to bed at 10:30 last night with zero flurries in the air. I woke to check my window. The neighbor with the short driveway and no public sidewalk was nearly done shovelling for his wife to go to work.

I checked the local tv stations for little "Duluth- Closed" notices at the bottom. Nothing. I checked KDAL-610 AM "Your Cancellation Source". Nothing. Drat. Must shovel. I bundle up, shovel for 30 mintues all the while telling myself that if I have to go to school, I at least want to get there safely (and not get stuck in my own driveway). It's the grown-up thing to do. I also worry about waking another neighbor whose bedroom window is mere feet away from my scraping shovel.

Any way, I decide it's "good enough" and head in. As I'm cooling off, I turn on the tv again (which I only do on potential snow days). Get this: Duluth Public, Private, Parochial- Closed.

Praise God! It worked! So, now that I'm pretty much awake, I'm going to lay in bed and read for a while and see if I can catch more zzzzz's! Woo Hoo!!! Go snow!

Movie for the Day: White Christmas. Need I say more?

Ludicrous Lutefisk!
:)Becca

No comments: