Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Books

Most of the people I know are readers. Well, at least most of the people reading this. As readers, it's hard to pass up a chance to hit a bookstore, no matter how many books you have. Tomorrow, I'm hitting the Cities for the day and the Half-Price Bookstore on Ford Pkwy is on the agenda.

Do I need books? No.

Do I want more books? Yes!

Do I have books that I bought years ago and haven't read yet? Yes.

However, I am trying to read some "old" books that I bought a couple years (or months) ago before the new ones. They've paid their debt on my shelf. Shouldn't this be enough to justify more books? Yes.

Movie of the Day: Alchemy. Weak plot, but I think Tom Cavanaugh is fun to watch.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Half Price Book is a chain Becca. Try Sixth Chamber on Grand and Hamline. The staff really knows their books, it's clean, friendly, and very community-oriented. Just my two cents.

Michelle said...

I love Sixth Chamber. I keep an account there so I can go in an get a book anytime I want and pay nothing. I just take in a few bags of books every few years. I guys there are really incredible.

Becca said...

I'll see what I can do.

Rand said...

Ooh, and have lunch next door at the Grand Shanghai Chinese restaurant. They usually have some decent veggie items on the buffet.

Or BETTER for vegetarians, "Everest on Grand" just down the street across from Kowalski's. Not too spicy, loads of veggie items, one of the best lunch buffets in St. Paul.

Alex said...

I LOVE Grand Shanghai!!!

I also have an account at Sixth Chamber. Everyone should shop there. Let's start a petition.

Lois said...

You never know what you might find at the Friends of the Library sale here in Duluth! Of course, if you need an excuse to burn gasoline, getting books is a noble cause!

Becca said...

Well, I am going to be in the Cities on the 26th with a free day. Anyone want to do lunch?

Becca said...

Lois, I've been to the library sale in years past, but my clausterphobia kicks in too quickly. I'm guessing you went on Wednesday?