Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Roads

It's construction season in Duluth and they are hitting the major streets this year, except mine. My road is a little like a Valley Fair ride- swoop, swoop, swoop. It wouldn't be so bad, but there are major trucks that usually use my street and now we have diverted traffic too. People like to go fast and my house can feel it. My walls shake. My picture frames go cock-eye. The prisms in my windows clink. My dishes rattle. It's like a mini earthquake every few minutes.

Weird, huh?

Movie of the Day: An Unfinished Life. We rented it last night and couldn't finish it because of a faulty DVD. It's very good, though. (One might call it An Unfinished Movie. )

1 comment:

Lois said...

We have every type of heavy equipment going up our avenue and across in front of the house hauling broken up street, curbing and sidewalks. They start daily at 6:30 a.m. and they terrify the cat. The house shakes --my oh my but it's fun!
We have a hole in one of our exhaust pipes and now sound like a hotrodder. It will have stay that way until they are through with the streets!