Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tracey

One of my best friends is moving today. Literally, right now. We packed her car last night with all the stuff she's used to camp out in my basement and now she's off to start a new adventure.

Her plan is to get her second Masters' Degree and move back to Duluth, with two guys in tow. One for her and one for me. The guys will be best friends. We'll live by each other. She and her husband will take my future kids hiking. Yep. It's all worked out.

I'm not very good at good-byes or hellos, actually. I get shy and think more than I speak. Could I vocalize just how weird and sad it's going to be with my friend Tracey gone? Nope. It's gonna be pretty darn sad. I try to look at the positives: e-mail, cellphones, messenger pigeons.

Movie of the Day: Now & Then. Friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember bursting in to tears when a dear friend told me she and her husband were moving from Duluth. We're still dear friends and they live in Minneapolis.

Your plans with Tracey sound fun--like a song--"a guy for you, a guy for me, one for you and one for me..." or something like that.

Alex said...

One of my best friends moved to Brooklyn. Now that's far. But we have gotten even closer since then because time together on visits is more precious. And we IM every day which I don't think we would have done if she was here. You don't take the friendship for granted as much when it is long distance, I think.

Is Tracy going somewhere cool that would be fun to visit?

Becca said...

Tracey is moving to Exotic Mankato, Minnesota. Not too far.