Friday, August 04, 2006

Get Goin'

About a month ago, I read The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. It was recommended by Blogagaard as a book that kicks you in the butt and gets you to accomplish things. Mainly, I think Dave meant it made him take a break from blogging and work on his book.

I'm not writing a book, so I interpreted things through the lens of a procrastinator and teacher. I'm going to try to use the book's ideas to get my house in order. You know: clean out the fridge, sort through the newspapers, get stuff ready for the Goodwill, etc. So far, the book has been a great help. It's also gotten me thinking about my philosophy as a teacher.

Well worth the read.

Movie of the Day: The Little Rascals. I'm going to watch this with my buddies Zane and Theo (and 10 others) tonight. Can't wait!

3 comments:

nathanhellman said...

Welcome back! Hope your time in Pittsburg was fun.

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I look forward to hearing about how it is affecting your philosophy on teaching...
Have a great afternoon!

Michelle said...

I agree with Tracy -- tell us how it connects with teaching.

See you with my little Rascals tonight.