Saturday, July 08, 2006

Friends

Well, I am back from my fabulous day in the Cities! I got to hang out with K. and her boys. They are adorable! The oldest son even learned "Becca....(long pause). Friend." Isn't that sweet?

I also had an excellent time at the reading (see yesterday's post). They were all talented writers and the location (the Soap Factory) was funky. Lots of art in an old, lofted warehouse. Very cool.

Now, I am home in time for a picnic on the shore and some board games with the family and visitors!

Movie of the Day: Mystic River. Sean Penn theme, I guess. This is an emotional movie. I had to be in the mood to be angry if that makes any sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to visit. It was a great excuse for me to make stir fried tofu and greens! I am glad you suggested going to the reading last night, I was impressed by the authors there. What a great talent to be able to express something so vividly that I, the listener, felt like I was part of each story. Cool. Thanks for introducing me to a great cultural experience right in my own backyard so to speak. Next time we'll bike (smile). Anyway, it was a good time.
Hope to see you again soon.
-K

Rand said...

Come again! Come again!

Becca said...

You see, dear friends, K is trying to make me go outside the box. Bike in public? Shirley, you jest. I did go on the walk, though. All for the tofu.

I don't think I've blogged about being a vegetarian. Hmmmmm....

(I had fun, though!)