Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Prayer

Last March, I went to a Compassion seminar at the College of St. Scholastica. In the closing ceremony, they gave each of us a prayer to say daily (they hoped). I haven't been good at saying it every day, but I keep it next to my computer so I will see it daily. With the war in the Middle East and the state of life in general, I want to share it with you. I don't know who wrote it, but I'm guessing it was a nun or two at Scholastica. Here goes:

Prayer for Healing of the World

O Holy One of Blessing!

Guide us with your life-giving Spirit
as we continue the work of building a
more just and compassionate world.

Fill us with insight into love that we
may recognize and embrace the
needs of the poor, marginal and
vulnerable of our society.

Sustain us with courage and strength
to be healing instruments of your
love in a wounded world.

Help us to be a source of abiding
hope for all.



Movie of the Day: Cruel Intentions. Fight Resistance.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Our world certainly needs healing! Great prayer!