Sunday, July 02, 2006

Help!

I finally hopped back on my treadmill this morning after a couple days of laziness. I'm having trouble getting a routine down. I wake up later. It's warm. I end up quitting early. Then, I go upstairs (it's in my basement) and it's stuffy.

Would a fan work?

Do I need to eat/drink something beforehand?

Would walking up around 5 AM help?

These are all variables that I need to test. Oy. It's like being in Physics again.

Movie of the Day: Raising Helen. It doesn't really have anything to do with my post, but I was thinking about Abigail Breslin who is in Little Miss Sunshine. It was my favorite movie at Sundance and she's a cool kid who happens to also be in Raising Helen and Signs.

4 comments:

Becca said...

How do I get my photo to shrink???

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! Ihave no idea how to make them shrink.

Your morning routine? It's hard, I am better at exercising in the afternoon.... but I find when I don't have to work, that going first thing in the morning is best for me. I have to make myself do it for a few days, but after a few days I find I really feel good after doing it, so I want to every day. Do you listen to music or the radio or watch TV? I used to watch the Today show while I did it... now I listen to the radio..
Joy

Becca said...

Currently, I listen to the "Elizabethtown" soundtrack. Since I try to walk 30 minutes, I always finish on the same song. What's funny is how I think it's so weird that I finish on the same song, but then I have a "Duh!?!" moment and move on.

Anonymous said...

what's the saying?...it takes 21 days to create a habit? so you gotta keep at it. and i'm with anonymous...music and television help. i've also found reading to help, but it often 'slows me down.'