Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Bubbles

I have personal space issues. I like to know who is getting near me, etc. I have students who have different personal space needs than I do and sometimes they push it.

Yesterday, I had a student leaning on my desk. A lot. In my "personal space". He's done this for months now and every time I tell him to stop. Finally, I think it worked. He asked if he could "hug my bubble" (meaning my personal space bubble). Picture this, a 16-year-old boy with his arms stretched out wide, slightly curved, hugging my "bubble." I just laughed and laughed. So, now he's allowed to hug my bubble and I hope that keeps him off my desk!

Also, I had a friend give me a "love spell" recipe yesterday. Do any of you believe in love spells? It calls for taking an organic red apple, holding it up to a full moon, carving two connected heart shapes out of it, wrapping it with a "love request" type thing written on pink paper with a red pen, tying it with a red bow and then placing it in a natural place like a park. Then, I'm to bow to the moon three times as I walk away.

Another spell ends telling me to wait a while. It says to "keep healthy, stay happy, and be patient." Well, couldn't I just do that any way? Hmmmm...

What do you think? Bunk? Worth a try? Will I get kicked out of all of my Math societies and run out of Dodge?

Movie of the day: Parent Trap (recent version). My dad took my cousin to this movie when she was about 8. Precious. I think it's funny and a time when Lindsay Lohan was sweet and innocent!

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

2 comments:

nathanhellman said...

I vote for trying the "love spell" recipe. After all, what have you got to lose besides your dignity?

Anonymous said...

HA! I recognize you up there. by the way, I agree.

Catharine