Thursday, January 05, 2006

Seeking Adventure

I've decided that I need more adventure in my life. Nothing too psycho or wildly dangerous, but something intriguing and still legal. A lot of my friends have families now and aren't able to jet off to lands unknown at the drop of a hat (hey, I could do it in the summer). Any way, so as long as I don't have little ones, I should be exploring the world, right?

There is also the question of when the heck Becca is going to get a boyfriend. It's not that easy. Honest. I'm kind of picky and I would like to find someone who can carry on a conversation about intelligent things as well as be silly enough to indulge my whims. Where to find this guy?

One friend (hi, T) suggested that I announce to anyone and every one that I'm looking for a boyfriend and see where that leads. My gut said no. I think that the guy (or one of the guys) that I'm meant to spend time with will appear while I'm on my adventure.

The key is to find something to do that would be fun, amazing, and fulfilling. That way, I can be myself, doing something I love, and if I meet someone, cool. If not, oh well.

So, dear reader, I ask you for suggestions about an adventure. Think classes, tours, volunteering, etc. Forgo ideas of camping in Alaska, anything that involves a whitewater raft, or major heights. (I'm so difficult, I know. No wonder I don't have a boyfriend).

Any way, feel free to ask your friends for suggestions too.

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
Been there, done that. My kids would kill me if they knew I was using the "cool language".
We had a guy living with us in Mpls. who moved to Duluth with us too. He jokingly offered anyone $500.00 who could find a girl for him; but the $500. is only if marriage is the outcome, and payment happens only then. He ended up marrying a girl from Grand Marais, and they live up there. His mom found her so he got to keep the money.
So, I say, put out a reward. I know if I were single and lonely for a mate, I'd check out e-harmony!!!!!!!!