Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm Ready

Things are starting to get back to normal and my natural January instinct is kicking in: buy a lot of food so I won't starve in a storm and stock up on books to read. Barnes & Noble had a teacher appreciation day yesterday, so I have about 7 new books to read (in addition to the other books to read) and then I hit Cub (Foods). My mom always makes fun of me when I go to Wal-Mart (about once a year) because I buy the stuff that I can only buy there (certain beads) and then get out as quickly as possible. She says I shop like I've just come in from Alaska and need to stock up! Well, same philosophy at Cub yesterday. Maybe that was spurned on by my four days of "creative" sparse eating. Who knows?

So, I'm ready for snow days, empty evenings or just a really big snack.

Movie: The Saint. Val Kilmer really gets into his roles. I like his change of character and I think Elisabeth Shue's character is interesting too. There's action and a little mush and nothing tooooooo heavy.

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you had your January trip and now you are ready to hibernate. Too bad we are hauling you off to exotic Fargo...
Why are teachers only supposed to buy school-related materials on "teacher appreciation" day? How much sense does that make?

Anonymous said...

Who said the books were "school-related"?
I bet they weren't!