Monday, January 23, 2006

Wow!

Yesterday was so eventful, I didn't get a chance to blog. Today has been pretty full too! So, I'll try to keep this chronological...

Sunday morning: Woke up at 5:30 to go to 8:00 Mass. I'm not Catholic, so this was an interesting new style of worship. The visiting priest was a filmmaker in town for the festival and kept the homily short (I mean REALLY short). Then, we walked to the shuttle bus and got in line to see Come Early Morning, which was written and directed by Joey Lauren Adams. We were there three hours early and were 21-27th in line.

Eventually, they announced that the first 25 would get in. Yikes. What to do? Turns out, they let us all in. As we were getting our tickets torn, we noticed that Dennis Quaid was right ahead of us!

The theater sat 1270 people and it was packed! Afterwards, Joey, Ashley Judd, Laura Prepon, and Jeffrey Donovan were there to answer questions. As we left, Dennis Quaid walked out and then we saw Jeffrey Donovan. I took his picture and then asked him to sign the scavenger hunt. He was really nice.

Then, we went back to Laura's folks' to have an appetizer dinner party with some of their friends. Overall, an excellent day!

Now on to today (so far)....

Woke up at 5:05 and Laura and I took her stepmom's car into town to see Flannel Pajamas. Well, we sat in line for about 30 minutes and then a man walked in and sold us his tickets. So, we went into the building and sat in another line (that was at least inside and warm). We ended up with great seats.

The movie was odd. Good, but too much nudity for me and I really didn't like the male character. But, the acting was good. I'll blame it on the writer....

After the Q & A, I went up and introduced myself to Julianne Nicholson and Justin Kirk, the stars and got them to sign my scavenger hunt too. Both were really nice.

We ended up lunching at Zoom, Robert Redford's restaurant (amazing ravioli) and wandered the shops. We saw a woman from North Country, Michael Rappaport, and Rosie O'Donnell. Not bad, huh?

Now, we have a little down time before the skiers get back and then who knows what we'll do tonight!

Movie of the day: Spellbound. It's a movie about a spelling bee. Stressful!!!!

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made someone slightly-famous warm fuzzies with the hunt. I saw that The Edge is in town. That would be a righteous signature! Bonus points! You will have to check this out:
http://zaneybrainy.blogspot.com/