Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What the Heck!?!

When I was a kid, I pretty much had to be coughing up lung chunks (sorry for the visual) or bleeding with a 102 temp to stay home. By the time I was in high school, I felt guilty for staying home sick to the point that one day I went to school later in the morning when I felt better.

Now, it isn't any easier! Not only do I have to decide at 5 AM (as I did today) that I was too sick to survive school, but I then have to call in or log on to get a sub, create lesson plans, and then creep back to bed. It's harder to be gone than it is to go in sick.

Then, of all things, I woke up feeling better. Not perfect, but not like my stomach was practicing new torture methods on me. What can I do? I can't show up and boot the sub out, so I decided it was time to lay low and not push myself (and do what I didn't do (homework-wise) yesterday. I also watched TV (rare).

Movie of the day: Never Been Kissed. Drew Barrymore goes undercover in a high school. Michael Vartan is the hottie teacher. Watch it just for him. Or, the goofy high school antics and cringe-worthy moments that we all remember.

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

No comments: