Friday, February 24, 2006

Delayed Re-action...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm one of those weirdos who blogs at like 5:30 in the morning- BEFORE the butt-crack of dawn. Not so much this week because of vacation and REALLY not today. I have spent the past two days in the Twin Cities frolicking with my Visa. It was lovely, though not too devastating. (When I got home from Sundance, I told myself that I'd have to lay on the floor before opening the bill. That way, I could pass out safely.).

Any way, I was with my folks who also like to exercise their Visa cards in the Cities once in a while. We're driving along, heading to Forest Lake and subsequently home, when we get an alarming call. The weather is TERRIBLE in Duluth and we should think about getting a hotel for one more night.

Our first reaction was "Huh? We don't believe it!" It was super sunny and only a little chilly all morning. We'll be fine. So, we got almost all the way home with no snow. Then, it hit. We saw a couple cars on the shoulder. Another one upside down in the meridian, and a lot of show-offs speeding along. Luckily, we were in a Subaru with All-wheel Drive and were fine.

So, that was my mini adventure today.

How about you? Any good weather stories?

Movie of the Day: Keeping the Faith. I love that a priest and a rabbi are friends. People who are jazzed about religion, but don't shove it down other people's throats. Cool.

Stay warm!
:)Becca

2 comments:

Linda said...

I have one... I decided to take the "Snow emergency route" home from work today, up 21st Ave. instead of my usual steep 26 Ave E. I couldn't believe the traffic, cars the whole way up and down, slippin' and sliddin', I had to work hard to keep away from one hitting me. I finally turned onto level 4th St. to avoid the rest of the hill, complained the whole time that there were no sand trucks out, no snow plows. Stopped for milk
on Woodland and joined a conversation about the terrible streets, and I mentioned about 21 being emergency...then I find out that I had the wrong avenue! It's 24th thats emergency, no wonder 24th looked good when I passed it on 4th St. Well, we are defintely out of practice with driving in the snow aren't we! It was an adventure, that I don't miss having!

Anonymous said...

I went x-c skiing yesterday for the first time since I broke my wrist--not the best day to go. We drove all the way out to the Boulder Lake Trail in snow, skied on not too good tracks (I had to do more poling than I should have. On the way home we could barely see and drove about 35 mph. At least 6 inches then and now a few inches more--nice! It's a beautiful day today! A little junco is at my feeder.
Catharine