Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Crash Test Dummies


A little over a year ago, I went to a Crash Test Dummies concert in Duluth. I hadn't heard any of their new stuff, but knew a couple of their old songs. Well, actually just the "UmmmHmmmmHmmmmm Ummmmm" song, really. I was a little blindsided when I got there.

We started by standing in line outside, which wasn't too cold because I think it was October. When we got inside, it turned out that they were taping the concert for a tv special/dvd. Cool! Only, not cool because that meant we had to sit on the floor to allow for the boom to move around.

The concert was at Sacred Heart Music Center, which is a beautiful converted church downtown. It's a great place with really hard floors.

Any way, because it was being recorded, if anyone screwed up, they would start the song over again. Odd for concerts, not odd for recording.

What really drove it home that I should have indeed stayed home was the fact that all the songs were DEPRESSING. They should have handed out Prozac when we bought our tickets. Seriously, it was such a downer.

To top it off, the camera kept panning the audience so I ended up faking that I was a big fan because I didn't want to look like a schmuck on a dvd. I should have just gone home.

I just found out that the dvd is coming out "in the early months of 2006." I might even buy it (huh?) because I want to see if I'm in it! Yep, I'm crazy.

Today's movie: The Suicide Kings. Interesting plot, nice looking gentlemen.

Ludicrous Lutefisk,
:)Becca

No comments: