Sunday, February 05, 2006

Random Thoughts for Sunday

Some random thoughts for today:

I think about the ebb and flow of some of my friendships and wonder why it's just me noticing the ebbing. I have friends who I hardly ever talk to, but who don't seem to notice! They're shocked that I'm doing things with my life. Shocked that I would go to Sundance, which is apparently too interesting for little ol' me to go to. Or what? There are aspects of my life that have been waning in recent years and I am now reclaiming them. I sound obtuse, huh? For example, I love to travel. I love to read. Unlike most of my friends, I don't do much with the outdoors besides observe it and marvel at it's grandness. I don't get jazzed hiking for hours, etc. I can see how people do, though.

So, instead, I'm going to do things that I like: watch movies, read books, write, make jewelry and voluteer for charities. If that means my circles don't bump into circles from my old crew of friends, then oh well. They know where to find me if they miss my company.

I'm now accepting applications.

Movie of the Day: Smoke Signals. Funny. Sad. Deep. A Sundance movie from years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it! I loved Smoke Signals. I'm typing on my new ergonomic keyboard and cordless mouse--my wrist still hurts.

catharine