Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Psychological Relief

I am starting Day 4 of my vacation and I feel like I've accomplished a lot in such a short time. At school (and at home, actually), I like to call it Psychological Relief: that feeling you get when you finally do what's been on the back of your mind or those little details that have been bugging you. They don't have to be big things: fixing the shower head after 4 years of low pressure (honest), hanging up decorations you've had since you moved in, filling in a rebate for $20 that you've had sitting around for months. Things like that weigh me down. I'm now at the point of "Hmmmm... what else???" It's amazing how freeing it is for someone who thinks too much (untreated OCD, perhaps?). Any way, I highly recommend getting yourself some Psychological Relief if you can.

Movie of the Day: What About Bob. I actually hated this movie, but I know a lot of people liked it. I think it hit too close to home. I related too much to both Bob and the Richard Dryfus characters.

:)Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I really disliked that movie. (I reserve the word "hate" for REALLY strong feelings. Hope you are done with all those nagging chores and can relax and watch some new movies!

Linda said...

Gee, Becca. I need a day where I can catch up on all those things hanging over my head here at home!
Can't leave things hanging at the
job, but with working full time a lot gets left undone at the house.
I'd like a day off to get taxes together, bills written, bills organized, papers sorted through, to read all these things I have piled up to read someday. Maybe I'll have to put in for one of my "personal" days from the job!
But, suppose they'd say I'd have
to wait until after Daffodil Days are over, though I feel I need it now...