Saturday, June 17, 2006

Good Job, Runners!

What a week! What a day! I got up at 3:45, showered, ate and headed to the waterstation. We had a ton of great people this year and I've even had an idea or two about what to do next year to get more people or tweak the experience. More on that in posts to come, I'm sure.

The weird thing after volunteering is that you kind of feel like you've been through the mill. (Outdated saying?). Any way, as you are creeping home through traffic and the sunburn is starting to appear, all you really want is lunch, a shower, and a nap.

After the nap (where I'm at now), I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my day. I'm still feeling fuzzy, sunburned, and ready for a quiet celebration. My sister Sara wasn't able to go this morning, but is interested in heading to the tents tonight. The tents have a lot of people, drinking and listening to bands and scoping each other out. I feel like renting 5 movies and crawling under a blanket on my couch. Hmmmmm... Compromise?

Any way, it was a good day and I hope a successful race.

Movie of the Day: Prefontaine. That guy could run.

No comments: