Monday, June 19, 2006

Movie Style

I went to a movie with my folks yesterday to celebrate Fathers' Day and started thinking about movie-watching styles.

Where do you like to sit: lower, middle, top, or way in front?
Do you sit next to the aisle or the center?
Do you buy food or sneak in food or avoid food?
Do you talk? Only during previews? During the movie? Only quietly?
Do you stay for the credits?
How prompt are you in arriving?
Do you get up and go to the washroom or sit and squirm?
Do you plan ahead and only drink minimal amounts to cut down on bladder issues?

So many questions!

Movie of the Day: The Lake House. Saw it yesterday and really liked it. Roger Ebert mentioned that there were logical issues to ignore, but it was still good. I concur.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Middle, center, buy food, unfortunately the ads, talk I hope quietly, sit, pray.

Becca said...

Pray, that's funny.

Welcome, insecure. Feel free to comment to your heart's content!

Anonymous said...

My movie preference has changed over the years. I once was a aisle sitter, towards the back. Then I dated a huge movie fenatic and my perspective changed. Center seat and depending on how large the screen is depends on where I sit. Best vantage point is one where you can see the whole screen without having to move your head but not so far back that you see a lot of the wall. Particular, yes, but so was he.

I typically don't eat food and if I do I buy the kiddie pack. Dave got me hooked on that. And of course I would squirm then miss the movie (hence the kiddie pack, only 12 oz of soda).

There are my thoughts - random but true.

One in a million Saras said...

This is an interesting list of questions, because I don't really think about any of them. I don't like sitting close, but I don't sweat it much. I just don't want to be next to any strange men. I'm also crazy-peeved by talkers, people who violently shake their popcorn, people who to wrestle with candy wrappers and those who bring their toddlers to age-inappropriate movies, like Star Wars.

So I guess I'm really not that picky... ;)