Friday, June 23, 2006

I Love Pi


I love Pi, but today I'm going to focus my attention on p-i-e. Tomorrow is the one and only Rhubarb Festival at First Lutheran Church. It's a fundraiser for CHUM, a non-profit organization that runs a homeless shelter, food shelf, and drop-in center.

I am spending the second half of my morning baking pies at church. I'm not much for baking. I can do it if I try, but I don't bake often. Strangely, if I bake something I eat less of it than if someone else made it. I think it has to do with seeing just how much butter went into it or something. Maybe I SHOULD take up baking. Hmmmm...

Movie of the Day: The Fabulous Baker Boys. :)

5 comments:

Rand said...

Just found my way to your blog through Bloggagaard's now-dormant blog. I have giggled several times at many of your posts. Nice blog! I will check in from time to time.

Becca said...

Thanks, Rand. Giggling is good. I miss Blogagaard. Oh well. We will survive. I hope he keeps commenting here. (Hint, hint Dave!!!)

Becca said...

My friend called me a Volunteer-a-holic last night. Hmmmmm.... Do I need a 10-Step Program? Shouldn't I be recruiting others to the disease? Hmmmmm....

Rand said...

Volunteering is good. But you have to be careful. We have taken many a wide-eyed and eager volunteer at my church and ground them up in a relentless flurry of volunteer "opportunities."

Becca said...

It started with pies and ended with picking weeds. I couldn't help myself. I'll try to stay way tomorrow...