Saturday, June 24, 2006

How To Cool Off

I live in Duluth. It's warm here, but not consistently hot, hot. So, to cool off, I have one large fan and one mini fan. That's it. No AC. No Central Air. Windows. I have windows. And, I live on a busy street, so I usually can't sleep with them open (mostly out of fear, not noise). If it gets really hot (like in July), I sleep in my basement. If it's super hot during the day, I might head to Lake Superior (which is always cold) and stand in it for a couple minutes.

The only bad thing about summer is that my favorite item of clothing is a black t-shirt. I wear one pretty much every day. Summer gets tough, that way. I'm going to try to deviate from black today and look for flying pigs.

Movie of the Day: Ice Age. Good flick.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Ice cream works too.

Anonymous said...

Hot? You want to feel real HEAT? Come visit me in August when it is over 100% with a heat index over 110 and horrid humidity. You walk outside and are damp right away- it's SO gross. By biggest fear is the AC breaking.. you can't live without it here. Of course, the flip side is the dead of winter is a low of 40 degrees! We don't have to run the heat here much....

Becca said...

Dear Anon!

I hope your body is acclimating to the temperatures! I think mine is thicker because of the cold. It hits 90 here and I'm done. Meet me in the basement.

Good luck with the heat!

Anonymous said...

90 is considered NOT that hot here for June- Sept. How sad!
Joy