Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sorry. Try Again.

About three weeks ago, I mentioned that I went on a date. I know, it was a shock, but weird things happen. Any way, I thought it went well. Maybe it did. Either way, the gentleman has not called. I think four weeks is probably a good indicator that he won't be calling. So, it's time to give up on that option.

When I was in 9th grade, I went through confirmation classes at my church. I remember asking our minister if we could start Methodist nuns. He just laughed. I wasn't really serious, but it felt like I could join up. If I knew I'd still be single in 2006, I probably would have pushed the issue. It could have been a new religious movement! Oh well.

Deep down, though, I want to get married and be a mom. Not sure about the whole pregnancy thing so maybe adoption's the way for me.

Oy.

Movie of the Day: Step Mom. Julia Roberts learns how to be a mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the right guy is the way to go.... I see too many people taking anyone who comes there way. You are smart to wait to find a quality guy. It takes time to find them- but they are out there..... never fear!

Becca said...

Thanks, Anon. I'll keep waiting. Can't be that much longer, right? (Knock on wood). Famous last words?

Quality men, I am currently accepting applications...

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat! Adoption leaves you wide open. Even now you're every child's favorite "other-mom."