Wednesday, June 14, 2006

This Morning

I've spent the day making elite runner gift baskets with my parents, my sister, and my friend Rosemary. It's always an challenge to organize and carry out the making of 84 baskets (today). It went well, though. During the process, I thought of all the people who should get baskets too. Not marathon baskets, per se, but gift baskets of some sort:

doctors and nurses
teachers (I like chocolate.)
witty writers (or your favorite, etc.)
pastors
social workers

The list goes on and on. Who do we reward in this country? CEOs. Movie stars. Athletes.

Movie of the Day: Carolina. I have yet to see this one, but just heard about it on Monday. It stars Julia Stiles and Shirley MacLaine. I tried to find it at Block Buster, but my sister found it on the We channel yesterday! Weird, huh?

3 comments:

David Oppegaard said...

You should make a basket for my stepdad tom. He always finishes almost last. he's 62 or something. He says he does it for the hot babes.

Becca said...

Okay, I'll make him a basket. Where is he staying? Send via e-mail to protect his privacy...

Michelle said...

Pastors like chocolate too. I promise not to steal any out of the runner basket, though...