Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cop Out

An example of just how much I over-think things:

I have an opportunity to volunteer for a good organization Saturday morning.
I'm dragging my feet about signing up.
It's not a hard task, but it's early.
I tell myself that my partner from last year can't go, so I'd be alone or go with my folks.
Would I be that much extra help?
Could I use the sleep?
Am I just rationalizing laziness?

I know I SHOULD go, but I SHOULDN'T do it grudgingly. Is there another way to help? Argh. What is my problem?

I have to decide today.

Movie of the Day: Matilda. Strong, smart girl. Interesting school. Crazy parents. Plus, Pee-Wee Herman!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say if you have to talk yourself into volunteering, that you should say "no". Your gut is telling you you'd enjoy sleeping in. Taking care of yourself is important, too. One of life's lessons is learning how to say "no". And being ok with it. You do a lot Becca. You are allowed to do things for your own well being.

Michelle said...

Remember your gut. Go with the gut.

Linda said...

Remember, get rid of the "shoulds"

Lois said...

Saturday is the only day you get to "sleep in". Go for it! Get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

So.. what did you decide?

Becca said...

I decided to sleep in. Wednesday night I only had 4.5 hours and I don't want to get sick. Sooooo.... I'll volunteer some other way in the near future, I'm sure.