Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grandma's Marathon

For the last five years, I've volunteered for Grandma's Marathon in one capacity or another. It started with me gathering about 15 people to help hand out water along the route. Then, I was recruited to be in charge of the entire waterstation. I did that for three years while also helping with the hospitality committee. My job was (and still is) to create gift baskets for the elite runners and then deliver them to hotels. Usually it's around 100 baskets and takes about three days to do the job.

Last year, I decided that I couldn't do both the baskets and captaining the waterstation. The baskets are done by Friday noon, and then I would get up at 3 AM to set up the station. I just couldn't handle the pressure, I guess.

This year, on June 17th, I'll be back to handing out water along the route (and doing the baskets). If you have any interest in tagging along, let me know. Everyone is welcome (well, you should be at least 4 year-old)! Everyone gets a free shirt.

Movie of the Day: Proof. Jake Gyllenhaal, Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins, & Hope Davis. AND math!!!! Gotta love it. Actually, it was an excellent movie. Very emotional.

No comments: