Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Memorial Day has always been about so many things all at once. There is the obvious passing of veterans (who I wish didn't have to fight), the loss of loved ones, the day away from work, and the winding up of the school year.

For veterans and those fighting, I pray for peace.
For the loss of loved ones, I remember their stories and hope to live by their example.
For the day off, I try to keep this feeling of calm and rest throughout the week.
For the winding up of the year, I pray to stay focused (or regain focus) and that my students will do the same.

Oh, did I mention the food?

Movie of the Day: The Da Vinci Code. Gripping. Different from the book, mostly in a good way. Worth seeing. When I think of Da Vinci, though, I think Ever After. He was cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»