Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New Vocab Needed

I was talking to a friend yesterday about the Land O' Blogging and how strange it is to read someone's blog, make comments, have them make comments on your blog, and realize that you haven't actually met the person. How do you address or refer to such a person? "Friend" seems too strong. "This guy/girl whose blog I read" is a bit cumbersome and too impersonal. "Using actual names is confusing for non-readers. My friend suggested "Blog Acquaintance". BA? Hmmmm.... might work. Might make me sound like a sheep. Here's to ewe, BAs!

Movie of the Day: Fun with Dick and Jane. Funny, after it's done being depressing. Jim Carrey cracks me up. And, what's with Alec Baldwin in all of these "nasty boss" roles?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed how several of the funnies in the paper are dealing with blogs lately? Pretty funny.