Monday, May 22, 2006

Nerd Summer School

I've gone to nerd summer school twice in my life, ...which might relate to why I'm not more outdoorsy.

The first time was the summer after 5th grade. It was a Gifted and Talented program and we took a bus down to Washington Jr. We had classes like computer science, physical science, creative writing, dissection (ugh), acting, art, and movement (dance, not gym). The cool thing was getting to meet other 5th graders from around town who later became friends in junior or senior high.

The second time I went to nerd summer school, I went away to U of M Morris the summer after my junior year. It was a program for minorities in science and math (females count). I was there for 7 weeks and studied astro-physics, psychology, and scientific ethics. I met a ton of different people, but haven't kept in touch with many. It was cool in a nerdy sort of way. Plus, they gave us $100 for food each week and then my folks bought me food instead of having me spend it!

Movie of the Day: Something New. Great movie that I saw yesterday.

No comments: