Friday, May 12, 2006

Life Coachin'

While my class was having a work day, I helped one of my students get her act together. She looked like she might have a panic attack at any given moment. I had her make a list of everything she needed to get done. Then, we prioritized it by how much time each thing would take, what was realistic to get done, and how many tests/quizzes she could make up in the morning. I then came up with a painting idea (she was having painter's block) and gave her advice on how to break some news to her parents.

It was awesome!!!

Movie of the Day: Last Holiday. Excellent message. Positive. Queen Latifah is very cool! LL Cool J has "cool" written all over him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your students must love you and are so lucky to have you for their teacher.

Anonymous said...

Your students must love you and are so lucky to have you for their teacher.

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful person and you must be a great teacher! Way to go!