Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Grandma Sylvia

Yesterday would have been my grandma's 92nd birthday. She was such a cool lady and I miss her a lot. A few funny facts:

  • When she taught us how to blow bubbles with our gum, her bubble exploded on her glasses and she had to go in to get them fixed. Imagine explaining that!
  • We used to watch Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters together.
  • She LOVED ice cream.
  • She used to whistle without whistling- a sort of breathy half-whistle.
  • She liked to square dance.
  • She didn't sleep with a pillow.
  • She helped me with my frog biology project.

Movie of the Day: Wings of the Dove. My sister Sara and I were watching this and JUST when it got to the love scene, my grandma walked in and was appalled! From then on out, it was Parent Trap and Shirley Temple when Grandma was in town!

3 comments:

David Oppegaard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David Oppegaard said...

Sounds like a fun lady. Grandma's are cool!

Lois said...

Sylvia was ONE cool lady! I always enjoyed when she came to work and relieved me from the 3-11:30 p.m. shift. We always were able to have a good laugh even when things had been hectic! I'm sure you really miss her.