Sunday, April 23, 2006

Confession

My confession: I've never been fishing. Yep, you read it here first. Becca has never been fishing. And I live in Duluth.

Growing up, no one in my family fished. My dad is a do-er not a sit-er. He's also a talker which I guess is not a good thing while fishing. I, too, am a talker (more on that later).

Today, our church service will have a fishing theme and I feel like a poser. So, I'm going to tweak my themed outfit to match my allegiance to the fish. (I won't eat them, so why kill them, right?).

Back to the talking thing. My sister Sara says I talk more on days that I'm not teaching. Do I have some sort of quota to fill? Is it that if I'm not teaching, I have some other activity to report on? Or, was it just a more exciting, less confidential kind of day? Who knows? I think it tapers off in the Summer, but I'll have to pay more attention in June (which is REALLY close now!!!).

I also can hang out with friends and just talk. For hours. This shocks my friends who have kids or lives or whatever. Bottomless coffee? Nope. Many course meal? Nope. Sitting and talking? Yep.

Oh, and one more random thing: if anyone out there knows how to disable Norton Anti-Virus so a new printer can be installed (and then enable it again), could you give me some pointers? Thanks.

Movie of the Day: Look Who's Talking. Classic 80's movie that I completely forgot about until channel-surfing one day. Cheesy. John Travolta's "come back" movie.

4 comments:

nathanhellman said...

Sorry but I have to object to your classification of "Look Who's Talking" as Travolta's comeback movie. Ask most movie buffs and the correct answer is "Pulp Fiction"...

Have a nice day:)

Becca said...

Well, maybe it wasn't a "Wow, he's cool again" comeback, but at least he had a job! It's a cheesy movie. Hands down.


Nice glasses, Dr. Hellman.

Anonymous said...

"My sister Sara" is getting an interesting reputation on blogspot. What a mouthy chic...

Becca said...

So, I can't get my new post to do as its name implies. I'll retry tonight.

Happy Monday.