Saturday, April 15, 2006

Teeny Tiny World

It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after all....

As promised, here is a recollection of the last day of our trip a.k.a. The Day Becca Felt Like Crap.

I woke up at 3:30 AM with huge stomach cramps, like knives. I thought it was something I'd eaten and tried to go back to sleep. Woke up with a headache, chills, and other unmentionable symptoms. Not the best state for flying home. Oh, AND the sun was out for the first time all week. Oh well.

I spent the whole ride to the airport trying not to yak in the hotel's van. I was still freezing.

Once we got on the plane and I sat in my window seat (not the best for a sick passenger, I might add), I suddenly flipped from chills to sweats. Yep, swell. So, I sweated my way home, hoping not to infect the lady next to me.

At one point, I thought I was going to pass out. I kept seeing stars. Misery!

It was a three-hour flight and by the last half hour, I started feeling better. So, I chatted with my neighbor a bit. She was chaperoning a church youth group from North Carolina. They had 14 kids and 5 adults on this year's trip. They pick a new place each year. She said they were Quakers.

Suddenly, I remembered that I had had a brief (very brief) e-mailing stint with a Quaker pastor from North Carolina this fall. I'd never met him or seen his picture, but only knew his first name. I said that he was a huge Republican and she was mortified! (I was too.). She asked if she could retell the story to the guy next to her and it turns out he knows said pastor!!! How bizarre!!! He gave me the guy's last name and verified it with the Quaker pastors index that he was creating for his church! WEIRD!!!!

It's a small world....

(I also forgot to mention Ghirardelli Square in my previous post. Chocolate. Lots and lots of it.)

No comments: