Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Micro Happiness

Do you ever think of the teeny, tiny moments of happiness that you have throughout the day? Here are a few of mine:

the feel of my pillow right before I get up
the last couple seconds of a warm shower
the first three M & M, which always taste different than the ones to follow
getting personal mail
hearing an old favorite song on the radio at the exact time I needed to hear it
making my quiet students giggle

Sometimes, I think we focus on chasing macro happiness too much and ignore the micro stuff.

Movie of the Day: Good Will Hunting. Robin Williams. Matt Damon. Minnie Driver. Ben & Casey Affleck. Math. A brilliant, tormented young man, and a wise mentor. Great movie!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true--nice!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Micro happiness. I think it is something that should be recognized more. You have really nice ideas :)