Friday, April 28, 2006

Cute Waiter

Four women from church, sitting around a table discussing "A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel, and I have my eyes peeled for the cute waiter. Yep. Typical Becca, I guess. He's in his late-twenties, I think. When he brought us water, he asked how we were and when I returned the courtesy, he said he was "fantastic." Yikes. Okay. Cool. Wonder why he's fantastic. I wish I'd asked.

This was the second time our group met there and he was our waiter then, too. Well, actually, I think he wasn't. He just kept our waters full because he's OCD about water. He also said he was an avid reader (sucking up to a book club? Wanting more tips? Who knows?).

Any way, he seems interesting. The trouble is that at some of the local establishments, it's tough to tell the orientation of the wait staff, especially it they aren't overtly gay. My sister has the perfect question: "What does your ex-girlfriend think of you?"

If he answers: He hates me, She really hates me, What ex-girlfriend?, or We're best friends, then you have some answers without being quite so rude.

I'm not sure I could even pull off asking that question. I'd like to learn more, though.

Maybe next month.

Movie of the Week: 20 Dates. A man makes a documentary about asking out 20 women. Very interesting.

9 comments:

One in a million Saras said...

I'm going to have to start saying "This is off the blog". Goodness...

Anonymous said...

Where were you?

David Oppegaard said...

goodness, indeed. you ask that waiter out, Becca! Carpe diem! (Mr. Sedaris agrees with me).

Becca said...

Two questions, Dave:

1) Is Mr. Sedaris going to sleep on your couch?

2) Any suggestions on how to ask out Mr. Cutie Waiter?

Becca said...

Catharine,
Chester Creek Cafe.

One in a million Saras said...

You ask him out, I'll look into the sedatives.

David Oppegaard said...

Yes. Mr Sedaris is snoring right now. Naptime in the Blogagaard household.

Ask the waiter out just like that guy asks Jennifer out in Office Space. Verbatim. You can't go wrong wiht Office Space.

David Oppegaard said...

why, why, why can't I always spell perfectly?

Becca said...

Would that be some sort of wish from Aladdin?
1) A nice car
2) World peace
3) to spell perfectly

Ha. My dad is a HORRIBLE speller, so when I get something wrong, I blame genetics. :)

Must say I was envious of Kelly and Michelle going out to coffee with you. Must have been fun.